Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 700 lawyers and ten offices on four continents.
The firm has had an established presence in Africa for over 130 years, with the firm in South Africa tracing its founding to 1879. With offices in Johannesburg, London and in Canada’s major business centers, we access a growing network of business leaders and advisers throughout Africa and beyond. Because business across the continent is powered by relationships, clients with interests in Africa benefit from our global connections.
Our Johannesburg team has experience and expertise in all of Africa’s established and growth industries, including mining, energy, infrastructure, life sciences, healthcare, technology and finance. Our offices are in Sandton, Johannesburg, home of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and the location of many corporate and investment banks, global audit firms and the regional headquarters of many international businesses. We are able to serve clients in English, French, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and all of South Africa’s official languages.
- Update: COVID-19 - Mining Operations during Level 4 Alert Lockdown
- National state of disaster: Alert Level 4 FAQs
- Mergers & Acquisitions in the context of COVID-19: The impact on SA deal flow and some key transaction considerations
- Information on the Manufacture of Ventilators during COVID-19
- May a pension fund or provident fund lawfully pay special relief benefits to employed members in Covid-19 related financial distress?
- The draft amendments to the Electricity Regulations on New Generation Capacity shine more light on municipal power generation
- A common pitfall with renewal of leases: be careful to avoid an ‘agreement to agree’
- Update: Chief Inspector of Mines ordered to issue COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for the Mining Industry
- Changes to Dispensing Regulations pertaining to certain Schedules of Medicines during COVID-19