We are excited to inform you that the 25th SASLAW Hybrid Annual National Conference will take place in Sandton, Johannesburg at The Capital On The Park on the 6 & 7 October 2022.
You are invited to participate and submit your application.
In order to accommodate all sectors of the Society’s membership, the Conference committee is calling for Speakers for the following platforms below.
As a Speaker at a hybrid event there are 3 platforms available to consider and select your preferred format:
· In-person LIVE presentation at the venue
· LIVE video stream into the venue from a location
· Pre-recorded Presentation (in studio or from a specific location)
LIVE Presentation at the venue
· The Speaker will be attending the physical event on the 6th or 7th October 2022.
· Content will be shared from the stage to a live audience at the specified time
· The session will be recorded by a videographer and relayed out to the virtual conference platform
· You have the option of presenting your topic as a workshop, panel discussion or Plenary session.
LIVE Video Stream
· The Speaker will join the conference via a video conference link ie Zoom
· Content will be shared from the Speaker’s laptop to a live audience that is at the venue or viewing the session on the virtual conference platform
· The Speaker must have a good internet connection, preferably with a LAN connection.
· The Speaker must be available for a Dry Run to test connection, feed and audio.
· The Speaker may book a Studio slot on a specified day where they will deliver their presentation to a technical crew, book a recording slot on a video conference link or provide an edited and completed presentation
· These presentations need to be provided no less then two weeks before the live event to allow for editing
· The session will be streamed, as live, in the dedicated programme slot
· Speakers are asked to be available on the conference platform on the day to handle questions at their session on the chat function.
Should you be interested in presenting via one of these platforms, please forward the following:
· Forward a proposed title of your topic;
· Indicate which platform you propose to present – Live Presentation; Live Video Stream or Pre-recorded Presentation
· A short outline of what you envisage the content of your presentation will be;
· A short biographical paragraph and photograph of yourself for the Mobi App; and
· Contact details
More points to note:
1. The topic chosen should allow for interactive conversation, via the platforms, with practical workplace solutions and for the presenter to facilitate the discussion.
2. When considering which presentations will be selected, consideration will be given to the relevance and interest of the topic to the platform as well as whether this topic has been done before.
3. The SASLAW Conference committee may have to ask speakers to co-present if the topics are similar and reserves the right to move the presentation to a different platform to balance the programme.
4. The accepted speakers who require accommodation, will be accommodated at a Sandton hotel for two nights (6 & 7 October 2022) courtesy of SASLAW and registration to the event will be complimentary. Speakers from out of Gauteng will be required to arrange and pay for their flights, and then the cost of this will be covered by SASLAW if arranged by the 1 July 2022. If no flight is booked at this point, SASLAW will refund the speaker at the rate it would have been if booked prior to the 1 July 2022.
5. Travel between the airports and the venue and hotel are to be arranged by the out of town speakers and will be reimbursed after the conference.
6. Kindly respond by the 9 May 2022, so there is sufficient time for the compilation of the programme for circulation 30 May 2022- firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to introduce you to SASLAW. We would be honoured to welcome you as a member.
Members can access the latest labour related news and useful articles available in our resources group.
Members may access videos from SASLAW Webinars & Conferences by some of the most renowned labour law specialists.
SASLAW hosts a number of events including Webinars and the annual hybrid Labour Law Conference.